Who knows Viper alarms w/remote start, tiny issue

Picked up a new toy recently (96 t/a) which has a viper 479 alarm with remote start added. I didn't realize this till recently but it seems there is a connection issue somewhere that is tapped into the wrong wire. When arming the car it works like it should however there are no quick flashing of the parking lights, not a big issue but every alarm I have ever had always did that. Second issue is when dis-arming it, it seems like it almost engages the key to the on position as if I were going to start it and in doing this it turns on my head unit in the car. it shuts off once I open the door. I know this is tied into the R.A.P somehow but not sure where to start when looking at any diagrams.

I have been searching all over online and can't find any real info or anyone else who has this issue. I am aware that if I start the car remotely then shut it down the radio will stay on till the door opens but just disarming it normally should not do this.

Yeah its been quite a while since I have been around, I drop by from time to time but just have so much other BS going on I have lost the path of hitting forums up as much. The new look of this place is interesting

I just looked through some info and all I could think of is to use the remote to program your lights. I have a Viper 5704 on my truck and I used the programming functions thru the remote to set it up. Also I used the trucks programming options not sure if tha applies to you.

It seems a lot of this stuff can be done through the remote however i can't find a good manual on the 479v. I also forgot then when arming or disarming the key fob beeps while the vehicle doesn't so i need to find a manual

Ok made a little bit of headway but looks like I will be most likely unhooking the system and re-doing it to see what is going on. The actual model is a Viper 791xv which uses the 479v remote. I got the car to beep during arming and dis arming, however it seems after a few locks and unlocks it goes silent again and its hit or miss whether I can go back into the setting and make it work. Looks like its coming out for now till I can figure out what is going on.

If anyone has anymore input on this system and my issues listed please let me know in case it can make things easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Found a new issue so if anyone knows these alarms please chime in! I have the arm/disarm working correctly ( found a bad ground and a wire disconnected), I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it so the R.A.P doesn't active when unlocking but now the driver side door does not lock when arming. I have to manually lock it. The pass side is fine and all doors will unlock when disarming so driver side door=no lock by key fob or window switch, Pass door works fines and all doors will unlock with key fob or window switch

• 3 weeks later...