Mods to support a supercharger

I just installed my Radix on my Chevy SUV and for what i've learned, if you're not ready for it, it could become overwhelming.. But i will give you my advice since it's still fresh here is the must have

1. Crank the Pin

2. HD Tensioner

3. Smaller Pulley

4. Colder Plugs

5. Bigger Transmission Cooler

6. You coud probably get by installing the following Servos and Shift kit this will help a tab with the added Horse Power (currently what i plan on doing next)

7. Make sure your Tunner Tune's it properly

There's alot more but you get the general Idea Good Luck and at the end is all worth it man..

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was looking online last night at stuff I am going to order before the procharger. So far my bill is looking like 4500. But I think I will be atleast close to having a reliable procharged truck from the jump.

Built 4l65

Cam

stall

42lb injectors

Pin the crank

Some cooler plugs

Long tube headers and dual exhaust.

I am on the fence wether or not I am going to do heads. I think it might be a good idea just because if I'm right I can lower my compression a little and make my motor a little better suited for boost. That's it so far. I'm sure there is more. Keep the advice coming it is appreciated and needed.

I woul do the heads since your basically there and only have to do pull them once. Compression being lower will be a huge weight off the motors stress being boosted. You will have to speak to someone who is familiar with what thickness of a head gasket you will need to drop the compression to a safer level.

For the trans cooler, I myself am going to use a Perma cool cooler. I have this same cooler on my procharged camaro and it does wonders for the trans. I have it wired to the ignition, the fan on the cooler turns on when the key is tunred forward and goes off when the key is off. Here is the cooler I have, its a big cooler but will ensure the trans stays cool. I know it might be overkill, but the trans issues I have had with my camaros trans overheating and blowing up 4 built transmissions, this cooler is the only thing that saved my trans. Just make sure you hook up the wires the right way if you go that route. They can be hooked up either way, and will become a pusher or puller. You want the fan to push air thru the cooler.

http://shop.perma-cool.com/Maxi-cool-Jr-Coil-Electric-Fan-Assembly-13515.htm

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

If you are going boost dont jack around with a 60E trans. Bump ur "bill" up 500 bucks and go with an 80E. You will thank yourself later. I say this because you said the word "reliable".

Good luck and have fun

PS- what head unit are you running?

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Never heard a blower called a head unit before. But I am still in the process of gathering all my parts as far as heads tranny cam injectors before I actually buy my system. But I am going to go with a procharger.

A procharger just isnt a procharger. The head unit is refered to as the compressor. ATI or Procharger offers different models of head units. P1SC, D1SC, F1R, so on and so on. Therefor, ill ask again what head unit do plan to run?

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Brian will tell you just to go for a D1SC cause you will end up upgrading anyways. Everyone has pretty much. And its not really a question of what's better but what you want from your truck. They both have their pros and cons.

Yeah I have read the supercharger write up on here and it was pretty thorough. I like the idea of lower rpm power of a radix. But I think overall power increase will be more with the procharger. And yeah I couldn't remember which one was the better model. So the D1sc was the one I had looked at before. And what heads do you guys recommend with a supercharged setup? I want to decrease compression ratio and was told I could achieve that by swapping to after market heads.