Finally had to smog her

Badkarma

Well, after 6 years of not having to deal with the california smog test the time finally came. I was nervous if my truck was even going to pass. Granted my mods are minor but still, that damn sniffer test in cali ya never know. So last week I sea foamed the intake, cleaned the MAF and throttle body and air filter just for good measure. The tech had a bit of a hard time with my custome shift points. under lite throttle she wont shift gears until 3k rpm. you guys should have seen the look on his face when she went into second and almost jumped off the rollers. lmao. All was good and was passed, and Im a happy camper. not to sure how to judge the readings on the print out but they look really low. I guess a good tune and proper maint pays off. So todays minor heart attack was avoided.

You guys still have the rollers and sniffer? Emissions testing here in Illinois only use the OBD 2. They hook it up and if no codes are present you are on your way. Takes all of 30 seconds... What year does the vehicle have to be out in California to be exempt? Out here its anything 96 and older is exempt.

1973 and older is exempt from the bi annual inspection. Though they can still pop you at a road side if they want to be jerks.I heard somthing that it was going to be changing starting in 2013 to just a code check for newer cars and trucks. Im not sure though. Maybe somone more in the know in cali can chime in. Would be nice

I guess that law did pass http://www.smogtips.com/new-smog-law-AB-2289.cfm

However im not sure if its a good thing or not. I think it changes what they look for in the pcm. Im wordering if it will notice things like rear O2 sencors that are turned off, but at this point would still pass the readiness checks.