torque converter

hey guys im sorry if this is a stupid question but i was wondering if you can put a torque converter, stall of 3000, with out a cam. For me the 3000 sounds like quite a bit of a stall but i later want a decent aggressive cam to go with it. the reason i am asking this is because im thinking of installing a shit kit from http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRG-4L60E-HD2/ and im trying to find a good servo to go with it, so if you guys could i would appreciate if you guys tell me where you got yours, anyways i was thinking of taking the transmission off so it can be easier for me since i dont really mess with transmissions and since its out already i figured i would put in the TC already. What do you guys think and if there are any other minor modifications i can do to it while its out let me know thanks. By the way my truck is complete stock except for a CAI and my goals for the truck is just to have a fast street truck that i can take to the track every now and then its not my daily driver just maybe some weekends.

Yes you can put a stall in without a cam. Get a bigger tranny cooler though. Get the vette servo from Oregon performance its like $20

This is what I did. All going in soon. Shiftkit from summit as well. Got a 3k circle d converter on it's way now.