Actuators

LSR Mike

Drivers side alternately blows hot and cold, passenger side blows cold but "clicks" on coldest setting.

threw a bunch of codes, had both sides replaced......$1,428 later works great.

Ole' Red is gonna hang around till 200,000 miles now, gotta have a return on the investment. He only has 186,000 miles.

Starting to nickel and dime me, Chevy better have something really nice in 2014!

Drivers side alternately blows hot and cold, passenger side blows cold but "clicks" on coldest setting.

threw a bunch of codes, had both sides replaced......$1,428 later works great.

Ole' Red is gonna hang around till 200,000 miles now, gotta have a return on the investment. He only has 186,000 miles.

Starting to nickel and dime me, Chevy better have something really nice in 2014!

:omg: Think I'll start an Actuator savings account today.

I guess this isn't a do it yourself repair?

Normally the repair isnt user friendly. 95% of the time the entire dash has to be removed, you have to remove all the glue, re glue plastic ducting together. My truck was down to the firewall inside. It didnt look fun.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Ole' Red has been Stealer maintained from the beginning, but it's paid off. I've had about every problem ever brought up on the board; but hey it's a 2003; first issue from the factory. I still love this truck. It get looks from everybody, and it's never left me stranded on the side of the road(unlike ford).

Now I just have to keep him on the road for a couple years, piece of cake...

Ole' Red has been Stealer maintained from the beginning, but it's paid off. I've had about every problem ever brought up on the board; but hey it's a 2003; first issue from the factory. I still love this truck. It get looks from everybody, and it's never left me stranded on the side of the road(unlike ford).

Now I just have to keep him on the road for a couple years, piece of cake...

Hope "Ole Red" makes it to 200,000. :cheers:

Wonder what the highest mileage is on one of these trucks.? Ole Red's got 100,000 on my truck.

Thought someone posted a pic of a SSS with 300+ thousand

Sent using Tapatalk 2

WOW! That's a bunch. I had a 93 Silverado that had 70,000 when I got it and 225,000 when I let her go.

That's the most miles Ive had showing on a vehicle.

Funny; I never thought about high mileage on that truck. Now I hate to see the miles adding up on the SSS.

Sure would like to get a DD.

Ole' Red has been Mobil 1 from the day I brought it home, It still gets 17 MPG highway, I even have the factory fill decal and Mobil 1 Oil Cap.

I was looking at the Sierra Denali, but have decided to keep driving this truck for a few more years...till chevy comes up with something better...