My 07 raptor with R1000 motor in it pics and video.

shawnss

so how fast was that pull?

On this pull it was about 115 or so. im running a big rear sprocket so it run's through the gears quick and tops and about 125 or so with the small tires and bigger sprocket set on it. im running a 15 tooth front sprocket which is 2 teeth small over stock and a 55 tooth rear sprocket which it 17 teeth bigger than stock :jester: so out of the hole it pulls like a beast. if i want i can start off in 3rd gear.

Over 180 on the speedo hell ya that thing is badass bro

not quite that fast. it was only about 115 or so. the PCM thinks im running stock gears and tires that a street bike would run so it says 190 or so. but im running atv tires and a way bigger rear gear so it read's really high. when i drop my rear sprocket back down after racing season i will throw a 45 tooth rear sprocket on it and i bet it will be able to do 150-160 on the top end.

But still thats hauling ass on atv tires. i don't top it out often because im not sure what the tires are rated for. but it sure its up to speed in a hury. :fart:

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Saw a rhino once with a turbo'd R1...it was somking everything ...it even smoked a fully built alcohol banshee...this thing was insane...the sproket he had on the back of it looked like a flex plate...it was huge...

yeah ive been thinking of turboing the raptor. but im still undecided. mostly cause my wife is not so sure about be boosting it. i have had a few boosted vehicles over the years so she knows what type of power comes with boost. shes ok with boost in a vehicle just not a bike or quad without a cage. but who knows i might.

One sick quad.. I grew up on quads and dirtbikes. Been riding them since i was like 8. Seeing that makes me wanna go buy one.. NIce work!

One sick quad.. I grew up on quads and dirtbikes. Been riding them since i was like 8. Seeing that makes me wanna go buy one.. NIce work!

I got out of riding for a few years because i was doing the sport bike thing. but im really happy im back into the quads. ill probably stick with them from here on out. i wife wants to have kids soon its something we can do as a family once they get older. i just got her a 2010 yfz 450r and its a blast just stock.

thats sooooo bad ass, can you legally drive quads on the street there?

Yep just like a motorcycle. I don't see why you can't in other states. it just like a motorcycle in away. i feel as long as it can reach speeds to keep up with cars there shouldn't be an issue. heck here you can ride all sorts of stuff on the roads. side by sides dirt bikes go karts. you just have to get them plated and they have to meet dot guidelines. simple stuff like headlight, brake lights, horn and a mirror.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)