427 SSS anyone?

MID12sSSS

Just got the new built 360 together. At this point Im kinda wishing I'd have gone bigger, but was just looking at a stout daily driver. So I've got a forged 6.0 with a radix, meth, etc.

I'm thinking about either picking up another SS as a track truck, or just running this motor for a couple years and then change it up a bit. Anyone ever put in a 427 block? I'll revisit chace's build thread to check on some stuff, but was curious if there were others who have done this successfully or if there were any obvious problems with the idea.

ssmuscletruck i believe has one

he had one made from a lq9 block and now has an LS7 one. Hopefully he gets the truck back next week and he can get it to the track. I don't think there are build threads for either, just his 6.0 build.

How did you manage to build a 360? Did you mean 370? Wasn't it you that built the 383?

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Nope. No 383 for me. I believe that was silverado 777's build. And I think he's running a radix. Yeah. 370 for me.... For now. Haha ultimate goal is 427 w/ TVS. Although, I would like to run a LS7. I wouldnt feel comfortable pushing an LQ9 cast to a 427. I just need to find some specifics on what a LS7 swap entails. I'll have to pick up the LS motor swap workbench edition textbook. Haha. And I definitely gotta pick muscletrucks brain when he is finished with the build.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Ray is a real nice guy to talk to, and have is always willing to help. Joe had his new 427 motor dyno'd at the crank and wheels but until he says it or says I can blab it, I can't say. But hopefully I'll talk to him tonight. I can't wait to see the et it puts down

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2