May be selling the SS (gulp)

Wizard

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, 23k is definitely good for trade in. If their offer drops when you suggest returning it to stock, that means they have someone who wants your truck the way it is. Which is most likely the case, with that high of a trade in offer. Good luck either way you go, but most people seem to miss their SS after they pull the trigger. :(

Okay- for now the deal is on hold. They sold that HD in 1 day. So pressures off for a few. in 9 years it's only the 2nd time I've ever considered selling. May just look for a used diesel as a tow rig and hold on to the SS.

Okay- for now the deal is on hold. They sold that HD in 1 day. So pressures off for a few. in 9 years it's only the 2nd time I've ever considered selling. May just look for a used diesel as a tow rig and hold on to the SS.

You will be happier in the long run this way!!!

i agree , if you spent the money to get your SS the way you wanted it, no need in selling it right now, wait a while .

That's the tough choice I had... put more money into a 9 year old truck, or get something new. I went for the Denali. I'm still not sure if I made the right choice. I loved my SS, but no matter how much more I put into it, it would still be a 9 year old truck. It would be a very long time, if ever, for the SS to become collectible enough to make back the investment. You have to keep it strictly for the enjoyment of it, be happy with it, and not expect to get a lot back. Undoing all the mods before you sell it can be a lot of work too.

Oh Hell, prObably going to keep it. Buy a used Diesel. But I doubt I'll spend any more money on the SS. Yeah right, it should be called the $$ instead!

Time to get back on my twin turbo 56 Belair project instead!

I bought my SS new. If i was in the market for a truck, i would look for something EXACTLY like what i already have. I would SO buy this truck all over again. :cool:

Me too! I feel exactly the same. My truck is eight years old and has been my DD since new, nothing out there worth the price to replace her. Shit a Suburban is 60k loaded now a days. Just throw some more money at the SS and see if that work lol.

Just like stated, when you sell it you might regret it. I had a 325iX BMW AWD and regret selling it even though it was a 91.

Ive had my truck in storage for quite some time, and nothing irritates me more than getting it back on the road to make 'er scream again. Granted Im stock compared to a heavily modded beast like yours sir.

I also am sad to see all the orginal members selling their trucks, I just hope some members like you keep their trucks because you provide valuable info to this site. If my house sold I would be on your truck or Krambo's like white on rice. Damn houseing market (downsizing house, increasing to a 4 bay garage).

Regardless, I hope the best for you. I need to PM you about a PDR reputable company in my area for the daily beaten 05 BMW, and a tiny dent some idiot put on my passenger door on the SS when he "forgot" their were rocks when he slammed the door into them. Some people......