Air Conditioning

steelers7girl

Honestly I would take it to a shop because once you open the system you introduce moisture and that is what kills compressors etc.

The second reason is you will know if the system has a leak after you perform your repair but any service manual should have the info.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Contact the GMPARTSDIRECT on this forum. They can tell you. As long as its not humid and it isn't open for anylonger than a hour or two you should be ok. Make sure to blow out any debris before installing new parts.

I would only do this if u have a vacuume pump to pull all the moister out of the system. Otherwise your going to have all that air in there causing it to run high head pressure and have non condensables in the system. Pull a good vacuume and it's 134a and your pressures should be about 35 to 40 psi suction pressure at 1700 rpm.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your responses. After being told by the auto parts store & a dealer that I had to replace the HP line which is a dealer item only, I found out from a local dealer that the schrader valve can be removed & replaced. The mechanic took the valve out for me because it doesn't come apart where you would think it would & was honest enough to say "go to Auto Zone" across the street to get a new schrader valve....they are a lot cheaper & have it in stock. My a/c is now blowing 60 degree air at an idle & 50 degree air riding down the road. That is pulling in outside air, on recirculate cycle....it's colder.