Engine pinging

Blazerdave2000

I just bought a 2003 silverado SS and under hard acceleration you can hear the engine pinging. I basically checked everything I can think of. Has anyone had this problem are these trucks known for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I had it for like 3 weeks noticed it since day one. No loss of power and runs fine under normal conditions. But when u smash the peddle to the floor weather from a dead stop or going 50 you can hear the pinging. So marvel mystery oil to clean the engine? And 93 octane to clean the fuel system? These trucks don't require 93 all the time do they? Thanks

I had it for like 3 weeks noticed it since day one. No loss of power and runs fine under normal conditions. But when u smash the peddle to the floor weather from a dead stop or going 50 you can hear the pinging. So marvel mystery oil to clean the engine? And 93 octane to clean the fuel system? These trucks don't require 93 all the time do they? Thanks

I have never used less than 93. 91 would be the lowest there higher compression. Def don't put reg. I would get some marvel mystery oil mix it like it says to how much gas you put in and try.