Paint is starting to peel.

This is pissing me off. First the roof starts to peel off. Now I noticed the the front grille and the bumper is starting to peel. Thats probably because the company the repaired it after my wreck sucked ass. I'm still out of a job so now I am really determained to get what ever job I can so I can start working on this my self. I have the garage and a compressor so I'm going to do this as soon as I can. I can't believe my beautiful truck is starting to look like crap. Pisses me off. Sorry just had to vent.

Ugh man, im sorry to hear. If this makes you feel any better, when i bought my truck 8 months ago, i bought it at night and the truck looked perfect, which i pretty much is, except, i missed that the passenger door had been partially painted... from the pass door cladding through the bottum half of the door it was blended, and you can see it... not the worst blend ive seen, but not to my standards thats for sure. They clear coated the SS emblem on that side ( lazy bastards ), which the clear is now starting to peel around them, aswell as the masking line under the window seal, is starting to peel. Ive got a friend with a body shop, and in order to make it right, and blend into both doors, im lookin at around 1k Which i dont exactly have either... every time i see that door, it hurts my heart a little lol.

Check to see if the company that repaired your truck has a warranty. Everywhere I have ever taken a vehicle for body work has a lifetime warranty as long as you own your vehicle. I would check into that. A good repair job should last much longer than the original paint on the truck.

BTW where in tucson did you have your work done?

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

I doubt they have any type of warranty. They had it for 9 months waiting on the front under bumper. Front end is kind of loose, don't remember it being that way before.

It was a friend of mine shop. Empire Customs.

That sucks... but maybe look at is as an opportunity to upgrade? Do some changes while you're having it fixed again (hopefully by a better shop).

Not ideal, but at least a way to make lemonade from lemons.

Edited by Dylan@Adams (see edit history)

I'm diffently not taking it back to them. I'm going to take my time and do it my self so I know its done right. My wifes cousin is a auto painter so i'm going to see if I can enlist some help from him to. First off is I'm going to take off the front bumper cover and see whats all missing as far as tabs and plastic rivets etc and get those on order. of course this will happen when the temps start to go down a little here. LOL 105 out and 120 in the garage. Thanks to everyone one for the support on my venting lol.