Front Drive Shaft Remove

From what i understand the transfer case will direct all the power to the rear wheels. I was told to use around 23% loss to convert to crank hp. A buddy just had his new motor crank dyno'd and rear wheel dyno'd and it came out to be 21% loss, but I'm not sure how they tuned it on the crank dyno. It may have been a fast XFI or something, and then truely tuned on the rear wheel dyno.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

maybe your buddy doesn't know he has a problem because the transfer case doesn't have an effect anymore. It could still be powering the front diff and he would never know, or it could be burnt up and he would still never know.

Don't be a hack, if you want to go 2 wheel drive do it right by changing spindles and removing the cv's and front axle, and pulling the trans to add the correct ouput shaft and tail shaft housing.

if you just want to dyno it, do it right and don't worry.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

^^^I have to agree, that T-case is probably cooked now.

My brother yanked his front driveshaft on his GMC Z-71 and just kept it in 2wd mode, their might have been other work done as I was not present. Everything was ok due to it being 4x4 instead of awd.

maybe your buddy doesn't know he has a problem because the transfer case doesn't have an effect anymore. It could still be powering the front diff and he would never know, or it could be burnt up and he would still never know.

Don't be a hack, if you want to go 2 wheel drive do it right by changing spindles and removing the cv's and front axle, and pulling the trans to add the correct ouput shaft and tail shaft housing.

if you just want to dyno it, do it right and don't worry.

Pretty sure it would sound terrible if either was shot, he's had the the truck for 2 yrs and the original owner had done it way before. Like I said been problem free. Nice and dropped and noise free.

It wouldnt make any noise AFAIK if it was shot. T-Cases make noise, which signals they are working and distributing power. I change my fluids religously and can hear the slight hum of mine in my truck, in my 330xi bmw, and the 325iX bmw I had and their was/is nothing wrong with it as Ive had them checked. So to say its not making noise I can understand where your coming from, but a working x-case does make the slightest bit of noise. I have superb hearing that drs rarely ever see, call me crazy but I can hear low tone noises 90% cannot. Not trying to sound like Mr know it all, but transfer cases do make the slightest noise.

I do hope his truck is indeed in good condition and the X-case is fine sir.

Once again please dont take this post the wrong way, just adding my .02 cents as Ive only had awd vehicles since 2000.

Off topic sir, what is your drop? Looks very nice in your sig.