High Capacity oil filter

southsidemex23

A drop in oil pressure is not always a bad thing. Sure it could mean that you have a failing oil pump or a multitude of other bad things. But the odds of those things happening as soon as you change your oil filter are rare. the drop in oil pressure could be a "good" type of pressure drop. Remember, pressure is just resistance to flow. You now have a bigger filter which in turn gives you more filtering media, which will give you more flow, which will drop the pressure but actually supply MORE oil to where it's needed..... Or the filter media is just thinner :-P

^^^^Great knowlegde.

In my case I switched from Hastings Premuim oil filters (not as big as the M1 you will switching to southside) to the big M1 filter. Like CanadianVR said it could have been more flow or the media in my case as my truck did not break down.

The only reason for my concern was my OP had never been that low before ever, so I thought it was an issue. I will have my mechanic choose my next oil filter as he knows best and has known my truck since delivery.