Fuel Line Help???

I got a 2000 silverado and it has a return style fuel system....i was wondering if i can swap to a returnless style and what all is needed to do the swap?......this is going to be for an Alum 5.3HO with a procharger and 42lb injectors..........im currently running the FMU that came in the procharger kit and want to get rid of it!...any help would be appreciated thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

i guess I'm not to familiar on returnless fuel systems and what is needed to make them work, but i was under the impression that the return style fuel system is better all around. The pump is always flowing a constant amount of fuel through it keeping the pump and fuel cooler.

Is there any advantage to the returnless style you want to go to, when the truck is already set up for a return style?

There isn't a benefit to a returnless system other than the lack of a fuel line running from the motor to the tank. If you want to and have the funds you can delete the factory rails and fuel pressure regulator and run a aftermarket rail, injectors, and a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator. You can tie it into the factory lines without having to do much work.

Thanks guys for the help!....I should've been a bit more specific on the intake I'm using and it's the main reason why I asked this question in the first place,sorry....but my buddy has a TBSS intake he wants me to put on my motor and it has a returnless fuel rail, so other then running a custom made fuel rail setup I don't see how I can get it to work on my truck since its setup for a return line....but after reading these comments I'm thinking I should be able to buy a regulator that I can hook up both the fuel pickup and return line and then just run a single feed to the intake?...do correct me if I'm wrong it's just an idea

I have some LS2 fuel rails for sale if your needing some. Then run an Aeromotive or similar boost referenced regulator. Any 1:1 ratio boost referenced regulator other than cheapo ones will be ok.