New SS owner here... Questions!

GTRogers

I just bought my first SS, got quite a good price on it and it seems to be in great condition mechanically. And besides a few dings and scratches and other stuff its pretty nice.

2006 Silverado SS, 81k miles. for it for 14k... Silver/Birch metallic

I noitced on my way home the rear view mirror wasnt working with the temp gauge and everything, and for some reason, someone cut the wires coming out of the headliner into the rear view.... And now it just doesnt work... obviously...

Anyone know why someone would have cut that? Or what the reason would be...

Im concerned on how much its gonna cost me to fix it.. Cause I dont want them to have to pull the whole headliner out. I can see the wire but its just cut...

and another small thing is the power seats first switch. the bottom cushioun down works but not the front up/down, so its not the motor but cant figure it out.... LOL

Anyway I am excited to own this its beautiful vehicle and I am ready to start doing a few things to it in the future...

I was kinda wondering what does it run usually to install a cam valve springs push rods and converter? Does it require a custom tune or anything?

Welcome, very good price. They might have cut it because of the onstar or some aftermarket electronic, don't honestly know. And not sure about the seats either, but I'd check the wiring under there.

Cam swap is generally 1500-2000 and yes you'll need a custom tune, there are a few around here, Wheatley, zippy, blackbear. Any one of those will do you right.

Hopefully it wasnt stolen, Carfax doesnt have any record of it being stolen but thats not always accurate.

Any idea how much the onstar thing could cost me to get fixed? And I amvery confused the dash oil life says 12%, BUT i CHECKED THe oil and it has plenty of oil in it and it looks fine!

Stupid digital crap.

But I have a few stuff I wanna do over time!

So if I could get a few recommendations in one post instead of a lot of posts that would be great!

Cold air intake

LT headers

o/r midpipe

catback exhaust (magnaflow preferrably)

Cam kit (Would like a good aggressive lope, I really want it just for the sound!) better mileage would be great!

Shift kit

stall/converter

but for now I gotta save money, baby on the way. I am also in the USMC, so I dont make a lot lol!

Any tips and recommendations are more than welcome.

W/respect!

THANKS!

Engine oil life is how much life you have left before the CPU says to change it.As far as cam and stuff mine is going in tomm. Cam,springs,rods,injectors,servos,electric fans,3000k stall, and new tune by zippy.

Engine oil life is how much life you have left before the CPU says to change it.As far as cam and stuff mine is going in tomm. Cam,springs,rods,injectors,servos,electric fans,3000k stall, and new tune by zippy.

How much did you pay for all that? Where are you getting the tune from also? Right now I am trying to sell my 04 mach 1, got about 25k in it. Supercharged, everything except for internal work done.

14k is a great price.

I heard that some onstar systems have been infiltrated by aliens and the best way to stop them from collecting data is to cut the wires.

Unless your into alien butt probing.

Haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2