E85, thoughts?

Fireman31

I don't see why their would a problem With changing to unleaded but if a vehicle calls for a specific gas, then I would suggest put just that in it, cause that's how they made n tested the vehicle before leaving the factory. Guess what I'm trying to say is, pay for it now rather then pay more later in repairs . Better safe, then sorry. Good luck

lower energy when used in a stock vehicle. however it does have a higher octane rating. in order to make the most of the fuel you would need a have forced induction or run high compression to get the most out of the fuel. Other wise, poor milage will likely cancle out any savings.

I will have to talk to Mr. wheatley first since he has done all my tunes so far with all my Mods and see if he can dial it in first. I get free lifetime updates and tunes with him and don't want to have to spend the money to get a whole new tuner when I allready have one.

One question. Should I go with 60#, 70#, or 80# injectors with my setup in my sig except I am pullying down to 2.8 from 3" and E85?

60's would probably be fine but 80's wouldnt hurt but you would have to do pig tails for them. And yes just figure your going to need 30% more fuel then on regulare gas when building a fuel system for e85. Not sure what the boost level will put you at or hp with that pulley?

Sounds like the 60 cent difference in price per gallon(yes, 60 cents, not the 40 I originally thought) will pretty much be a wash since my gas mileage will tank.

Thanks guys, i'll stick with good 'ole regular 87 octane. :driving:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)