back into a silverado ss located in new jersey

ted gerlach

i had an 03 blue silverado ss that i loved but i killed it wioth eveything i did to it towing a 14k inclosed car trailer loading it up with scrap metal to take to the junk yard, so i traded in on a 4 door 1500hd, well thats where it all went down hill, that truck was a mess and i dumped way to much money in it so i sold it and bought an 08 gmc 2500 hd desial crew cab, loved the truck but just way more than i need it for, so yesterday i traded it in on an 05 awd silver silverado ss with 49k miles on it,

the ss was a garaged kept, never driven in snow or bad weather, drove 3 hours one way to look at it then 4 hours back in traffic, the trucks only mod is a soft bed cover, it looks just as good from 20 feet as it does at 5 even the inside of the crome rims are mint,

i ordered from the dealer a couple silverado decals [want to put under the ss on the doors] and factory vent visors, also going to put a brake control in and order the led under tailgate brake light,

thinking about a cowl hood but not sure, also looking for winter wheels dont want to destroy the crome ones,

i just might find the reason to clean out the 2 car garage and put it in there, next to the 56 victoria i have, and buy a winter 4x4 beater

have pics just need to figure out how to attach them,

• 2 weeks later...

pick up a 4x4 beater / new tow rig, its a 95 2500 4x4 big block suburban,

decided that i am going to do a couple things to the truck is a spray in bedliner... possilby the carpeted liner with a mat. and get rid of the bedliner thats in there now, and factory fog lights with custom made brackets, i have the side caps with the extended wing from my old blue ss but i am thinking about selling it, dont know what to do the truck is so nice dont want to mess with it,

welcome MA! man that sounds like my story with my 05 silverbirtch SS i drove 3 hours 1 way (to CT) for it and it had 50K on it, and it was always garraged kept and looks great from a distance and up close! and i think you should get a cowl hood for it! it would look great i got one for mine heres a couple pics to share with ya! hood makes the truck stand out alot!

ECD7E437-D860-43DD-B5BE-1A8432C11E7B-5493-00000432E6D27014.jpg

8fd4a65f.jpg

550111be.jpg

Edited by CJ_978 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

ok hood is back in play, just had it tinted side windows and front windshield, bear brakes are next on the list forgot how much i liked them on th e03 i had,

there is a much bigger story behind the original truck, everything from you cant the wife is prego to now with the new truck and 4 kids later,

tryed to put up pics keep getting message of [pics to big] what do i need to do? and remember i and not a computer savy person,

Edited by ted gerlach (see edit history)