Transmission issues.

Transmission is slipping to the point of no power. It shift fine from 1-2 & 2-3 but once I hit overdrive gear it acts like its in neutral. And the only way to get it out of that is to stop the truck. Turn it off and turn it back on. Even downshifting doesn't do anything.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Transmission is slipping to the point of no power. It shift fine from 1-2 & 2-3 but once I hit overdrive gear it acts like its in neutral. And the only way to get it out of that is to stop the truck. Turn it off and turn it back on. Even downshifting doesn't do anything.

This tells me I would lean towards an electrical issue. Have you checked DTC's yet?

Yes and I have nothing coming up. I have a guy on monday going to check it out. Charging 500 to pull it and inspect or 2500 to rebuild with new clutches and trango shift kit and pinless accumulators and such. Im thinking of just going towards the rebuild of it but I want a 3000 Stahl also while doing it. Dont want the stahl to really break the bank. Hoping for something under 1000$. Also, the 2500$ the guy quoted me has a new oem torque converter so price will be reduced if I buy one.

What all should I be hoping for if he rebuilds it other than new clutches, shift kit parts, accumulators? Is there other things that would help the life of the transmission but also make it "awesome"?

You sure you wanna go with a 3k stall. I just got mine done and it's def different driving it. If your not putting in a cam you might want more of a TBSS converter. It will be pretty loose while taking off. The rest sounds pretty good tho. My circle D conveyer was 445$. Not to bad imo

Just got the transmission back in the truck with the complete overhaul and a 3200 stall. I like it. My wife hates it. This will take some getting used to. I enjoy that the power is there no matter what. Trans guy told me not to get on it till the band's settle. I did push it a little and it shifts extremely firm.

Only drawback is the gas that this thing is going to drink now but that's what these trucks do.

Idk if I would recommend a 3200 stall as a daily driver. It's seems a little bit much but I'm in love.

Parts used were:

Transgo hd2

Aluminum pinless accumulators

Raybestos pro series band

Beast sunshell

A/C Delco solenoids

A/V Delco input drum

Upgraded forward sprags, bushings, bearings, washers, snap rings.

Raybestos high energy clutches and increased clutch count to 9 or 7 can't remember.

High energy master rebuild kit.

Circle D 3200 stall

Long Tru-cool max 40k that was mounted very sloppily.

This is just all that was listed on the sheet. Half of it is rocket science to me. :D

You sure you wanna go with a 3k stall. I just got mine done and it's def different driving it. If your not putting in a cam you might want more of a TBSS converter. It will be pretty loose while taking off. The rest sounds pretty good tho. My circle D conveyer was 445$. Not to bad imo

3000 stall on a dd is nothing to worry about.

And it's the I6 tb converter not the ss one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I'm going to have to agree with Jason on this one. I love the 3000 but i could have gone a tad smaller. Even my transmission guy said I needed 20-30+ more ponies to put it in the sweet spot.

As far as gas mileage. I don't see how it could improve. It's pretty much reving higher all the time unless I feel like creeping up to speed. I shall see though.

I'll say again though, I love it and since more mods are in future I think it was a perfect choice.