Pinning the crank?

Hi,

I have a pin kit from magnacharger. If yours is the same jig, my instructions say to "Drill the supplied bit into the second step of the bit" When I measure the length of the bit up to the step it is approx. 43mm.

Again, this is for use with the maggie jig which is about 23mm thickness at base and total 26mm total thickness 23mm+3mm raised center.

Hope this helps.

P.S not to hijack, but I'm getting ready to re-use my maggie pin kit and want to know if it is safe to use old drill bit shafts for pins, or if this is a dangerous idea.

And what is part number for required replacement GM bolt? I've searched and can't find, d'oh

EDIT: just picked one up from dealer. part number 12557840

good luck breaking that crank bolt use. To date that is the tightest bolt I have ever removed in my life.....

Jay

Edited by Fourtraxjay (see edit history)

Hi,

I have a pin kit from magnacharger. If yours is the same jig, my instructions say to "Drill the supplied bit into the second step of the bit" When I measure the length of the bit up to the step it is approx. 43mm.

Again, this is for use with the maggie jig which is about 23mm thickness at base and total 26mm total thickness 23mm+3mm raised center.

Hope this helps.

P.S not to hijack, but I'm getting ready to re-use my maggie pin kit and want to know if it is safe to use old drill bit shafts for pins, or if this is a dangerous idea.

And what is part number for required replacement GM bolt? I've searched and can't find, d'oh

EDIT: just picked one up from dealer. part number 12557840

good luck breaking that crank bolt use. To date that is the tightest bolt I have ever removed in my life.....

Jay

I wouldn't use a drill bit shaft. A drill bit will usually drill slightly larger that what it's rated for (were talking 0.001" here depending on bit size). Usually this happens because the used bits webs aren't at the same angle anymore. That's why you'll only see one shaving coming up the ribbon, not two. Anyways, rant about drill bits over haha. No, I wouldn't use a old bit. What would work well would be some spring pins!

• 1 month later...