Issues with Driver Side Power Windows/Locks and dome lights stay on

diggerdan11

So I have been having a few issues with my driver side windows and locks. A couple weeks ago the power locks on my driver side door stopped working on and off. When i use my key fob my passanger locks work but not the driver side. Then it started working again, then it stopped.

So I decided to take apart my driver side door panel and see if something was loose or if there were any other issues. I could not find anything and when I put it all back together it started to work like a champ. Then my truck sat all last week when I was out of town. I went to start it up and the battery was dead, so I charged it up. Then I went to lock my truck and it would not lock using the remote or the buttons on the door. I have to lock my door with the key.

Then heading to work this morning I had to open my door with the actual key, and when I shut my door my dome lights would not turn off (probably why my battery died in one week).

So my passanger door wont lock and the dome lights wont turn off. So there has to be some electrical issue. Does anyone have any ideas of what might be going on?

Sounds like the Master switch (The whole Assembly) at the driver door needs to be replaced. When these go bad, parts of it go not the entire thing. It could either be the Window switched or the door locks. When your lock switches go bad, in time it will only get worse until they dont work at all anymore, Since that part of the switch is bad, the dome lights will stay on as they are connected to the the door locks. The easiest way to check instead of spending all that money on the new driver master switch panel is check the switch at the source. Grab a test light and check to see if you get power to it and out of it when you manually hit the switch.