HID's

ssfast

I am looking at putting HID's in my truck but i have heard some mixed reviews about them and mostley the down side of performance in the snow as well as falling snow or a snow storm. dose any one have input or the truth behind this looking at 4,000k bulbs and then doing the hi-low mod to get them to stay on at all times.

I have had HIDs in all my cars, Currently 4 with no issues in the snow or rain. Its all how you mount the ballasts and where.. I always take the extra 3 minutes and use Electrical grease inside all of the connections. I have had the 4300 K bulbs in my corvette and they still had a yellowish hugh to them. The 5 or 6K buls are perfect white and go a far way.

I mounted my ballast for my lows and brights inside of each fender, they never get wet.

I am mostly worried about visibility with the HID's In the snow. Like if you turn your hi beams on when its snowing you can see as much as when you have your lows on due to the intensity of the light reflecting off of the snow flakes. I know you got to Hide the balists so they dont get hit with the elements but not were there isnt getting air flow. needs air flow to cool the ballests.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes listen to these boys on sticking with a low k.. i have 12k in my ss and had them in my titan also.. 12 are bad ass for all season except winter! I live in maine and will most likely swap out my 12k for 6k in another month or so for winter only then throw my 12s back in