Directional tire being run backwards???

cmoney23

Ok i dug out my stockers and the previous owner of my truck had 1 directional tire running backwards on the rear. Yeah whatta moron right? My bad for not catching it when i bought the truck, but i only drove it for a month before i bought new rims/tires anyway. So my question is would it hurt anything to run 1 directional tire backwards? Only thing i can think of that would hurt is for driving in rain, the tire wouldnt push water away because of tread design and hydroplane a bit if at high speeds right? Anyone know anything about this?

Yeah im not gonna run it, i was just curious. I found a set of (4) 275/45/20 im gonna go take a look at for $200. Ill prolly scoop them up and put them on my stockers for the winter.. Prolly end up looking pretty good on the drop. We'll see soon.

There wont be a difference unless your in water, ice or snow. You will wont feel a difference until the tire wears uneaven. The tire will start to feather and cup, and once that happens you will not be able to correct any damage done.

There wont be a difference unless your in water, ice or snow. You will wont feel a difference until the tire wears uneaven. The tire will start to feather and cup, and once that happens you will not be able to correct any damage done.

x2 and it wouldnt take long for it to happen if you keep it that way you might end up replacing that tire within 10k miles or less