Ran the Chevelle for the first time

fordsareslow

I've been testing my car these last few weeks while working all the bugs out. It's been a 7 year project that I finally just finished within the last few weeks. I've had a few 60' and 330' runs, but have only had 1 full run so far, but I'm pretty happy with the results. I've attached some photos and a quick video of the run, it went 10.040 at 128.684. As we're still in testing mode, and I was trying to play it safe, I short shifted it at 6k RPM (Motor makes peak HP at 6600), and I had the REV Chip set to 6200RPM. The car flat lined the last 250' as it was bouncing off the chip. Going to bump up the shift point and raise the rev limiter this coming Saturday and try again. Motor is just a mild NA 454. Hoping for a solid 9.60 run

And I'd like to throw another quick shout out to "Top Gun" on this board, He did the amazing cyber grey paint/body work, and even hand painted the faux front end (yep, the grill/trim is all just paint).

***Edit, sorry, for some reason it doesn't look like the video is loading right. You might have to click on the IMG and watch through my photobucket account. Sorry ***

th_IMG_0126.jpg

Launch.jpg

246601_4276358080645_1049143288_n.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Edited by fordsareslow (see edit history)

Thanks guys! As far as the track not being busy, the video was taken on an open test day, and there were only 30 cars/bikes. Some of the photo's were taken when I was out there in the middle of the week. I know the track owner, so I can get the track to myself sometimes :D

It's just a mid 461 ci BBC I threw together at work. It's just a starter motor to get the car dialed in. I'm running just a stock 2 bolt main 454 block, heads are stock cast iron GM 049 casting oval ports with manley valves (stock sizes), crank is just a GM cast crank ground 10/20, it has stock GM dimple rods with ARP 7/16" wave loc bolts, Arias 12.5:1 pistons, comp .652/.652 solid roller cam, intake manifold is a street dual plane, carb is a 850 demon.

The next motor is going to be a 565 ci, with a dart block, a pair of CNC'd CFE heads, sheet metal intake, crower crank, etc.

Ran the car again today. Decided to start out running the 10.60 class instead of the 9.60 so Ican make the motor last as long as possible. We ended up having to set the throttle to only 50%, short shift it at 5000 RPM, and still let it ride the rev chip through the lights to slow it down enough to finally run a 10.621. We had a blast and I can't wait to run it again :)

Edited by fordsareslow (see edit history)