Artist Rendering of the 2014 Silverado

diggerdan11

Thought you guys might be interested in this. This is an artist rendering of the 2014 Silverado. Now this is not obviously exactly what it looks like but it might be pretty close. What do you guys think?

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2012/10/2014-chevrolet-silverado-rendered-by-artist/

Everything I have read from people who have seen the new Silverado say that the design is going to be More evolutionary than revolutionary, and this sketch looks like they took the current one and tweaked it a bit, which makes sense.

I guess the Sierra is going to look nothing like the Silverado, they will share frames, engines, trannys, and electronics but thats it.

The rumors also say that there will be 3 engine choices in the 1500: the 4.3L V6 but its been completely redesigned and will produce aroud 310hp (the current 4.3 V6 is 190hp) , then they will have the 5.3 and the 6.2 all with increases in HP but how much is still unknown

And I know for a fact that the Crew cabs are going to be a little larger, the Extended cabs will have door access from the outside and you will be able to get a 6.5ft bed in a CC

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

310hp out of a 4.3! Makes me hungry for what the other 2 will have in store.

Yeah me too. I would think the 5.3 would break 350hp and the 6.2 440hp easy. I just hope that the 6.2 will be offered across more models and trims. Right now its hard to find a 6.2 and you have to get a LT or LTZ EC or CC

You can get the Hemi with 390hp in a RC SB 2WD and in basicaly every trim level and cab configuration, I hope GM does the same thing.

Yeah me too. I would think the 5.3 would break 350hp and the 6.2 440hp easy. I just hope that the 6.2 will be offered across more models and trims. Right now its hard to find a 6.2 and you have to get a LT or LTZ EC or CC

You can get the Hemi with 390hp in a RC SB 2WD and in basicaly every trim level and cab configuration, I hope GM does the same thing.

Build your own SS! :chevy:

Now Don't go flamming me here!!! I like it. Although I was hoping for a major change As IMO, key word, I never really liked the 07-up NNBS truck exterior although it was a great improvement in build fit finish and overal attention to detail; intererior was a welcomed change. The NNBS SSS concept was off the hinges! I loved it! But that's why they shitcanned the GMPP department in 2010 >:/..... Just to piss me off :jester:. IMO I think that renderring looks strikingly like the current crew Raptor, which is a great truck btw for those who haven't driven one or seen level of quality and detail up close. Can't wait to see sport versions like VHO or SS!!! :fingerscrossed:

Hmm sounds alot like a certain football NFL NASCAR fellow who made a package for reg cab (and other) GMT800 models.... Which seemed awful close to 390 HP and RCSB :lol: and I might add the 6.1/6.3 HEMI is currently not offered in any RC configs 1500.... It's just the 5.7, not a horribly impressive power plant if u ask me. Although those R/T trucks RCSB look cool