How to value Model T?

BOB47

As the title says. Does anyone know where to find the value of a Model T? We (my family) recently moved my father into an assisted living place and we are talking about selling his Model T for him. I can't find anything online. It's a 1920 Model T Touring Car. 3 door. He paid around $12,000 for it 10-15 years ago. We have no idea what it's worth now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I just went to Hemmings.com, selected cars for sale, Ford and sorted year oldest to newest and found many Ts listed.....3 or 4 1920 models.....

I just looked at it again and see that you can select mod T only and there are 15 listed...or course this is what people are asking for them. I have not looked up what they have sold for but this should give you an idea...

Travis

Hemmings does not have his car. The only ones listed are roadsters or converted to hotrods. Model t forum I can't find anything on car values. Thanks for the ideas. Anyone think of anything else? It's a totally stock 1920 Model T Touring car.

Do you have any pics? My best friend is heavy into them. Between him and his dad, they have 8. They are also active in all the model t clubs. They can give you an honest opinion on what it's worth in todays market, and maybe even put you in contact with someone who wouldbe interested in it.

Do you have any pics? My best friend is heavy into them. Between him and his dad, they have 8. They are also active in all the model t clubs. They can give you an honest opinion on what it's worth in todays market, and maybe even put you in contact with someone who wouldbe interested in it.

Yes, I have some pics somewhere. I'll post them up shortly if I can find them.

The beast way is to go over the numbers on the car and decode them. Or call up a Appraiser,and have it appraised. They will know every in and out of the car and can tell the history of it, and give you what its worth, and might even set you up with a buyer.

The beast way is to go over the numbers on the car and decode them. Or call up a Appraiser,and have it appraised. They will know every in and out of the car and can tell the history of it, and give you what its worth, and might even set you up with a buyer.

X2

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Call up a Appraiser,and have it appraised.

Best way to get a very accurate idea of what it's worth, but plan on spending a little $$$ to get it done.

G/L Bob, your Father has a beauty there.

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

Bob,

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

You're right, mine's an A. I don't know anyone into T's. I can give you the name of the appraiser I've used.

Beyond that, Your best bet might be to contact someone in a local chapter of a Model T club. The old guys

in the Model A club know everything about their cars and are always willing to share their knowledge.

I'm sure the Model T guys will be the same way.

Good luck!

Found a 1923 t Touring on Hemmings:

http://www.hemmings...._t/1367837.html

Another site:

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/default.aspx?carID=12499&i=8&bsID=24020#auctionResults

Edited by hot rod truck (see edit history)