Wife's New Car, Now I have a DD

diggerdan11

So after much discussion I finally decided to buy my wife a new car. I went back and forth a million times as to which car I wanted to get her, if any. She has been driving an 03 Z71 Tahoe. I thought about buying a fairly inexpensive ($2k-4k) beater, winter, hunting rig that I could drive in the Winter, well I fainally decided that buying a beater may not be the best Idea. So I decided to look for a car for my wife. We decided It needed to be AWD which of course limits our choices. So we decided to look for a Subaru. I wanted a WRX but the 02-07 WRX's can be found in Automatic but they are very rare and my wife cant drive a manual very well. Well a couple months ago I drove a Subaru Legacy GT and fell in love with it. It was an 09 and it was a little out of my price range, I looked allover for another one for sale but there were not too many, the local subaru dealer said he could find me one but it might take 6 months or so to get the exact one we wanted.

Well finally yesterday morning I just happened to look at CL for Medford, OR which is about and hour drive from my town, and a small dealership had this 05 Subaru Legacy GT for sale and I drove over and bought it. They were asking $1k more then I got it for, but the CL add had a typo and he honored the typo. It has 101K miles which is just breaking in for a Subaru.

I am really liking this car A lot. It has the 2.5L Turbo with 250hp. Its the same engine in the WRX and STI, but the WRX and STI have 230hp and 293hp respectively, so its about as fast as the 02-07 WRX. Its comfortable, safe and is a blast to drive, and should do great this winter.

2012-10-14_10-44-06_203.jpg

Well now that my wife has a new car, I will start driving the Tahoe more so I dont have to put as many miles on my SS, and I will be able to keep it clean during the winter. I think keeping the Tahoe and buying the Subaru was a much smarter descision that buying a cheap beater that my have a bunch of issues I have to pay for. The hardest thing is to try to keep from trying to Mod the Subaru, seeing is it has the same engine as the WRX and STI many of the same performance upgrades work. I think I could get it up to 350hp easy.