408 build to LYSHOLM or CENTRIFUGAL

In the very beginning stages of a 408 build. I currently have a Lysholm 2300ax side mount to work with.

http://www.lysholm.us/_2300ax.php

Recently purchased a sweet intercooler (3.5") from kcsilveradoss and want to use full potential. Looking for opinions on what the pros might think would work better with my setup. Keep the LYSHOLM or run a Centrifugal and sell the LYSHOLM. Truck is a 03 AWD NON daily driver and looking for a possible 600-700 hp.

VORTECH V1 SCi/ V2 SCi/ D1SC/F1R----LYSHOM 2300AX

408 CID

Ported L92 intake and ported 90mm TB

L92 PRC CNC'd HEADS WITH 2.165"/2.159 STAINLESS VALVES

FORGED INTERNALS

CAM?? looking at the LEP Blower cam 224/230 .612/.612 116LSA

60lb Siemens Deka Injectors

1 7/8 ARH

IRON LQ9 364 CID BLOCK

And running a FLT level 4

Here's a few shots of what I have so Far

post-24145-0-77723500-1351347947_thumb.jpg

post-24145-0-97199600-1351347953_thumb.jpg

post-24145-0-33810700-1351347958_thumb.jpg

post-24145-0-04791400-1351347966_thumb.jpg

Edited by KrausMotorSports (see edit history)

I had a great deal on the injectors so that's the reasoning I had those. I was shooting for the 600-700Hp levels as flywheel HP to clear things up sorry. And as far as torque Managment. I haven't dug too deep yet as I was looking to run HP tuners myself or other tuners on the site and I do understand its a huge learning curve with hp tuners but a commitment I'm willing to take. I'm more up to date on old school carb setups then the fuel injection world.

Haha this is probably true. I figured If I estimale low I'll feel really good when I see the real HP numbers. Lol I did it with my other small block 355. It's funny when you bust it for the first time and look at your buddy and say "holy €u@& what the hell did I build".

You need years to learn HP tuners, it's not simple at all. Especially coming from the carbed world. Injectors should be ok. Tranny I'd get a level 6 or 7 and be done with it at that power level. IMO. I run no torque management on mine, level 6.

Cam needs a bigger split with a blower. Again, my opinion.

And I've never heard of that blower lol.

You need years to learn HP tuners, it's not simple at all. Especially coming from the carbed world. Injectors should be ok. Tranny I'd get a level 6 or 7 and be done with it at that power level. IMO. I run no torque management on mine, level 6.

Cam needs a bigger split with a blower. Again, my opinion.

And I've never heard of that blower lol.

im not familiar with that blower either, is it the right size for a 408? i also would recommend a tuner, someone you could email back and forth. Edited by Silverad0 SS (see edit history)

I've definitely considered turbo however didn't want to go to high with a stall. and i assume you guys referred to twin turbos as well? So far i've had great luck with my 3k yank and it performs well on the street. For the_asset i figured I would have to upgrade to a better trans sometime soon. lol I haven't called FLT yet to figure what the HP spec ratings were for each level. As for cam I would more than likely have Zippy or another tuner design one around my build. The one i had posted was just a beginning start of where i would like to be, but I also have to deal with Emission in the state of Maryland which is why I would like to familiarize myself with the HP tuners to see if there would be a safe (low) tune that would still allow me to get through this- and also my whole family runs GM lol So fan patches and minor tuning will always be present and needed. Local tuner for me is RPM motorsports http://www.raceprovenmotorsports.net/ I've heard only great things about them. And to answer your ???'s for the LYSHOLM lol. From what i have gathered. LYSHOLM is a branch off of VORTECH which WHIPPLE used to own until VORTECH bought the rights from WHIPPLE. In short term LYSHOLM is a roots type (twin screw) blower made by VORTECH. WHIPPLE and VORTECH used to be one company. Lot of cobra guys run them and there new to the camaro world. but all in all great info guys!!! keep the opinions coming. :thumbsup:

Edited by KrausMotorSports (see edit history)

Really considering these twin turbo setup plus gives me a chance to show off some of my OCD work. Lol any advise on brand name and sizes would be awesome! Turbonetics/cx racing 76mm??? What you guys think and what are some of you guys running power wise?