Thinking about tinting headlights and taillights.

hey all, wanted to get my headlights and tail lights blacked out as much as i can with it being 100% legal. ive searched multiple sights and can never find a consistant answer. is it legal to have blacked out headlights and tail lights.. if so how dark can i get them without having trouble. i live in canada but also wondering about border problems to go into the states.

Well in alberta. any tint on the headlights and taillights is technically illegal. I have mine spray tinted with roughly 3 coats then clearcoated, perfectly matches the black of our trucks just about. If you're worried about trouble I'd suggest just getting the covers and removing them at night and in certain states and such.

I'd say the headlights are legal as it's smoked plastic/lens, not tint. Only thing technically illegal with the headlights is the lack of amber reflector. They look wicked though, can't wait to pick up a set myself. I had mine 3M tinted but it started bubbling pretty bad.

I black mine out with covers. Had 2 tickets in 4 years, no demerits though so I don't care. In Alberta here. They can get mean if they want with the tickets.

1 headlights covered in any way $57

2 front reflectors covered $57

3 rear reflectors coveted $ 57

Funny I haven't gotten anything for "rear tail lights covered" but I'm sure that's a $57 ticket too.

Each time I was stopped I was only given "front reflectors covered" at $57

If you want your headligths tinted I say go with the Ebay one. I have them and love them they give a slight smoke look but do not effect visability.

As far as tailights go, get them professionaly painted and make sure they are not too dark. You want to be able to see a little red. Do that and you should be fine.

I have had my tailights tinted for almost 6 years now with no issues. I also have an LED light bar to make sure everyone behind me can see when I brake.

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg