Possible 2014 SSS

So i was looking at images of the new Silverado and came across this. Dont mind the tow mirrors. It definitely looks like its got a nice low stance.. Almost looks like our trucks! Hope this isnt a repost.....

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/09/spied-2014-chevy-silverado-ss-testing.html

The raptor is a joke they better not try and compete with it. Almost every single person out here with one NEVER offroads it. I don't see how that truck has an offroad stance, it's got a regular truck stance or slightly lowered. It doesn't even have "offroad" tires.

The raptor is a joke they better not try and compete with it. Almost every single person out here with one NEVER offroads it. I don't see how that truck has an offroad stance, it's got a regular truck stance or slightly lowered. It doesn't even have "offroad" tires.

Thats exactly what I'm saying. That thing looks dropped to the rest of the trucks we've seen. Not a huge drop but about two inches. Same rubber as on our trucks. It's all speculation as of now, but with Dodge taunted the release of the Ram R/T, it's looking pretty good for us.

Its not an SS. It has the same stance as the rest of the trucks. Just because it has 20" wheels does not mean its an SS. I have seen many spy photos that claim a new Silverado SS, but they have the same stance and look just like every other 1500 truck. The tires are 275/50/20 Goodyear eagle LS 2's which is what came stock on our SS's so thats why they are claiming its an SS, but if you look at this link you will see that they are running the exact same tires on the GMC and Regualr Silverado

http://wot.motortrend.com/spied-2014-chevrolet-silverado-and-2014-gmc-sierra-with-less-camo-282977.html/2014-chevrolet-silverado-spied-wheel-detail/

And as far as the tow mirrors go, If it is an SS its not going to have tow mirrors, those are for test purposes.

Now that being said I hope they do make a new SS, but I really dont see tha happening.

Isn't it just about time for a new body? The current body production started in 2007. The one before was 99-06 with some classic 07s, and before then 88-98.

I don't think it's an SS but would be nice, what would be nicer is if GM made something with forced induction from factory. That would make things interesting, with a huge aftermarket crowd there would be so much we would be able to do. But O well GM doesn't care for us that like to be blown. Lol

• 4 months later...

Not sure if a lot of you will agree with me on this but I have always wished GM made a Reg Cab version of the SS. Don't get me wrong I love my SS the way it is but with less weight of a reg cab would make it a lot easier to compete with all these lightnings and now the Ram R/T's running around. The AWD 03-04's was a great option but if you plan on sticking to a RWD platform then why not make it a Reg Cab truck?

Too bad the 6.2 won't come in a regular cab. I doubt there will be a manual option on the half ton either. Americans are lazy and don't want to shift. My GMC is my first automatic and I hate having an automatic. But unless you get a sports car or compact its hard to get a manual

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

GM does not even have a manual that they could put in a truck.

Im very pissed a GM for only offering the 6.2L in the Higher level trims. I understand that most people are perfectly happy with the 5.3L, but I can go down and buy a Dodge with the 395hp Hemi for under $35K. It will cost $45K + to get a chevy with the 6.2L.

for all you guys saying theyl never put manual in trucks 03-07 had manual 4.8/5.3 rcsb's. just saying. i know theyl probably never offer it but it would be sick and make a pretty well budget sports truck that would probably sell very well. and they could just make manual as an option doesnt have to be all of them. and i hate how manual is being offered less and less. just like the Chevy "SS" sedan. so far its just an auto car and theres no signs of a manual release :icon_bs::thumbsdown::(