Need opinions!

I currently have e-fans, CAI, headers, magnaflow muffler, and a 224 comp cam. Since there are alot of guys out there that go with bigger intake manifolds it made me thinking.. What are the cons, pros and gains if I would go with a 07+ intake manifold, 42# injectors, ngk spark plugs and some aftermarket plug wires?

If you change the intake are you going with a larger TB? Wires are really no gain just preventive maint. If you did a 160* T-stat and the colder NGK plugs you can run a more aggressive tune. The intake should gain you a little HP and some TQ.

If you change the intake are you going with a larger TB? Wires are really no gain just preventive maint. If you did a 160* T-stat and the colder NGK plugs you can run a more aggressive tune. The intake should gain you a little HP and some TQ.

Yes I want the larger TB and the 160* t-stat. Would the NGK TR6 be a good chioce?

I use NGK TR55 on my all motor cars. NGK TR6 on forced induction cars. My truck seems to run better with the one step up with the warmer plug.

Some people like the TR6 and use it but I dont. You can do either.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

also look into LS2portsworks.com they can help out in the flow department since you will already be there. Although if heads aren't ported or upgraded than it's HP output will not be worth the extra 225$ i think to have them done. And also port the TB as well. The 07 intake off the trailblazer WOULD be my choice as it's design is very similar to the L92 intake MINUS the LS7 port design. ( cathedral vs. LS7). The 07 "TRUCK" intake manifold will not work with our 317 cathedral port head. These 07+ intakes ported compared to FAST Intakes are almost identical in HP gains. http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/68613-fast-ls3-intake-vs-ported-l92-truck-intake/

The 5.3's in the nnbs came with 799's and the larger intake identical to the tbss. I know this because I yanked one out of an 07 tahoe nnbs. It was a flex fuel motor. Idk if that would matter that much other than injectors

The 5.3's in the nnbs came with 799's and the larger intake identical to the tbss. I know this because I yanked one out of an 07 tahoe nnbs. It was a flex fuel motor. Idk if that would matter that much other than injectors

i should have been more specific. The 6.2l ls engines in the 07 will not work. 5.3 are the same. Sorry i left that info out on my last post.

• 1 year later...