Stepper motor Who makes the best ?

1quicktruck

I did a search fiirst but found nothing about who makes the best stepper motor. I bought x27 168 and it was suppose to be the latest and greatest but it makes noise and did what the last one did.(fuel gauge on my 03 ) So maybe even the best sometimes makes a bad one..However I replaced my temp stepper motor and it works ok.

The ebay guy's says the black stepper motors are junk and the usa mcr are also supposedly bad which I just bought but havent tried. Has anyone got a real good guess on the best ?

What was your fuel gauge doing that made you think the motor was bad? Did it always reset to "E" when you turned the engine off and took the key out? Did it ever read abnormally, meaning did it ever read way past full or way past empty.... possibly sitting in the 4 to 8 o'clock position?

What was your fuel gauge doing that made you think the motor was bad? Did it always reset to "E" when you turned the engine off and took the key out? Did it ever read abnormally, meaning did it ever read way past full or way past empty.... possibly sitting in the 4 to 8 o'clock position?

^^^ here's the man to talk to, he does excellent cluster work!

So let me get a little more information about what you did. Did you replace all the gauges or just the two gauges? Everything else works now except for the fuel gauge correct?

^^^ here's the man to talk to, he does excellent cluster work!

Thank you thank you! :pepsicheer:

Also, Just to answer the initial question. It doesn't really matter which motor you use. X27, X25, black, white or whatever. As long as it's not the C5 motors you should be good to go. I spend a little extra and buy american made motors. Haven't had any fail me yet. :flag:

Actually my 04 had the bad temp gauge and that worked out ok with the x27 . My sons o3 tahoe fuel gauge always was faulty setting at 7 or 8 with key off then move to the 4 or 5 with key on sometime no movement . Zeroed gauge replaced old motor with new x27 it did the same and it makes a little noise . Same setting as old gauge, Never goes to E or F. My son said when he first got the 03 it sometimes did right then it went bunkers.

The MCR motors say USA but I still have a couple of x27. I just bought backups as the ad said better built than others. I kind of over buy somethings. I will replace the motors as they go bad. Just dont know about my sons 03 .

Edited by 1quicktruck (see edit history)