Looking to get CNC'd heads. Which are best?

MID12sSSS

Im wanting a good set of heads to compliment the rest of the build. Im not wanting to spend 2k, but want a good flowing set of heads. Any recommendations for shops to send my 317s off to? I can go with bigger valves too, as my pistons have -2cc valve reliefs so it shouldnt be a problem. Ive heard mixed opinions about the Patriot heads, but i know chase used them back in the day on his LQ9 and ran great times. The numbers provided on Patriots site dont look to shabby either. But i think they'll be on back order for awhile. Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

-thanks

Check into the L92 Setup. I know they have good flow but other things have to change as well intake, throttle body, fuel rail, etc.. Expensive mod vs just getting ported cathedral port heads like our 317 casting. I have heard good things about trick flow. I will be doing this swap come February unfortunately because i have to wait till emissions is over and my wife uses it daily. :glare:

Check into the L92 Setup. I know they have good flow but other things have to change as well intake, throttle body, fuel rail, etc.. Expensive mod vs just getting ported cathedral port heads like our 317 casting. I have heard good things about trick flow. I will be doing this swap come February unfortunately because i have to wait till emissions is over and my wife uses it daily. :glare:

L92 setup is a good one but I think he is running a Magnacharger so that wouldn't be a good swap to do. I think you will be better off with the 317's...

Yeah. Gotta keep the cathedral style for the radix. Ill probably just look into getting my heads ported. One day, id like to get a TVS2300 and ill need the extra flow.

I was looking into TEA heads, and they look amazing. http://www.totalengineairflow.com/products-page/products/cnc-ported-cylinder-heads/gm1/ls1ls21/gm-ls2ls6-stage-2/

They custom port your stock cast heads and the flow number are great. They do a custom valve job with a nitrous exhaust port for forced induction or other power adders. And for half the price of trick flows. But im not sure if i should deck the heads while im at it, or if the stock 72cc will be fine. If i remember correctly, i think back when i had my build on paper, i was at like 10.2/1 CR as is but not sure.