Viper 5704 help...

I just had my viper 5704 alarm and remote start installed today. The sensitivity is set to the highest point on the shock sensor. The only time the alarm will sound is when you really kick the tire or hit the hood of the truck. You can beat on the glass, fenders etc with no alarm... The shock sensor is located on the main harness under the dash in front of my left knee. I want to turn the sensitivity up on the remote. I can get the that setting but when I try to select it to get into that function my key fob wont allow me to do so...

I was also told by the installers that I can select a temperature so my heated seat and rear defroster come on. I cant find that function... Are they blowing smoke or is that possible.... Kind of ticks me off spending $350 to have this installed and the damn alarm wont even go off...

Anyone else have the same problem??

I think i have the same model as you. My shock sensor is external and i can't adjust the sensutivity through the remote. I think you can only do it through the bit programmer. I had to take up alarm up to the guy that installed it 3 times before i was satisfied. And i added the glass break sensor to make it a little more sensitive.

The heated seat turn on is usually automatically controlled though the bypass module that communicates with the trucks computer. Thats the only way I have figured out how to set it up on the trucks I've installed Vipers on. I use the DLPKGM module, it will turn them on when it senses that the temp is below 32 degrees or somewhere in that range. The sensor adjustment is on the sensor itself there should be a set screw, also it is programmable with the Bitwriter programer that the shop has. I just borrowed my friends bitwriter and changed the run time to 20 minutes on my truck.

As far as I know it is not possible to select a temperature to turn on the heated seat or defrost its more of an automatic thing that the module determines from the engine temp and air temp. Thats how I understand it.

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

The heated seat turn on is usually automatically controlled though the bypass module that communicates with the trucks computer. Thats the only way I have figured out how to set it up on the trucks I've installed Vipers on. I use the DLPKGM module, it will turn them on when it senses that the temp is below 32 degrees or somewhere in that range. The sensor adjustment is on the sensor itself there should be a set screw, also it is programmable with the Bitwriter programer that the shop has. I just borrowed my friends bitwriter and changed the run time to 20 minutes on my truck.

As far as I know it is not possible to select a temperature to turn on the heated seat or defrost its more of an automatic thing that the module determines from the engine temp and air temp. Thats how I understand it.

I need that module then for the heated seat and defroster?? I turned up the sensitivity on the sensor itself all the way up and am having this issue. My alarm has the option for me to change the sensitivity thru the remote as well. From what I have read and seen, the pre programmed sensitivity is set at 7 and can up to 15. My remote will allow me to access the sensitivity setting but wont allow me to choose it to change the setting.

Heres a video of the Viper 5901 which was replaced by the 5704 and has the same options,showing its possible, but I cant get any further into the setting. thanks so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D2v7Dqd7Gg

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

The shop already installed a bypass module so check it out and see if your seats turn on when the truck is cold, or open up the under dash and see what module you have. As far as the shock sensitivity, I have the 5901 and its programmed though the remote since the shock sensor is built into the main remote start box but the 5704 is external so I think that's why you can't change the settings but I'm not 100% sure on that.

The shop already installed a bypass module so check it out and see if your seats turn on when the truck is cold, or open up the under dash and see what module you have. As far as the shock sensitivity, I have the 5901 and its programmed though the remote since the shock sensor is built into the main remote start box but the 5704 is external so I think that's why you can't change the settings but I'm not 100% sure on that.

You are right.... I just found the answer after searching all night on the net and found the right site. Viper uses the same remote as the 5901 with the 5704 and never changed that option. I guess I will go back and have them re position the shock sensor until it works like it should. I have the Flaslogic FLCAN module. I wish I could get to it, but Best Buy put in the dash near the Instrument cluster.

You are right.... I just found the answer after searching all night on the net and found the right site. Viper uses the same remote as the 5901 with the 5704 and never changed that option. I guess I will go back and have them re position the shock sensor until it works like it should. I have the Flaslogic FLCAN module. I wish I could get to it, but Best Buy put in the dash near the Instrument cluster.

Yeah have it repositioned or add extra sensors if that's possible, I don't have any experience with that bypass but it might do the same thing as the one I'm talking about does you'll just have to see. That's kinda a weird place to put the module but I guess it works.

Two last questions..... My factory key fob can set my Viper alarm now, When the alarm goes off, my factory horn also goes off.... Is there a way to de activate the horn?

How do I change the time for how long the remote start runs for? Its currently set for only 10 minutes.

Thanks again for the fast replies and help. I was getting frustrated as I couldnt figure this thing out.

The only way I know how to set the run time is with the Bitwritter programmer my friend bought, since between all of us I think we have 4 of these systems. Not sure how to de activate the factory alarm/horn, maybe try going through the settings on the gauge cluster on the truck and see if there is a setting for alarm warnings. I kinda remeber that there might be something in there that you can change it to just flashing lights vs. horn.

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)