best alarm system

206SS

So I learned the hard way why you need a good alarm when you live in SoCal. Had some lowlife break out my door handle, rip apart my dash and steal my whole system. It made me realize theres nothing I can do to prevent this if someone really wants to break in, but I know an alarm may at least deter some of those a holes and slow down others.

Anybody have some suggestions on the best way to go for an aftermarket alarm? I want something that's got some range if and wouldnt mind some features like remote start

post-8998-0-29398200-1353253319_thumb.jpg

My wife has always had Viper alarms and they work good. I just had one put in my truck yesterday and im happy with it. Minus the installers little screw ups with shock sensor placement and not going over the functions with me. My alarm has the smart capability so you can control and keep tabs on whats going on with your phone even if your in another state. You can even start it form 4,000 miles away... It has remote start, the alarm, and tons of other options like what the temperature is inside the truck, can have you heated seat and rear defroster turn on when you remote start it. This function only works when its 30 degrees in the truck. There are tons of videos them on youtube. You will find them under 5901 which the 5704 took over this year.

Otherwise Viper seems the way to go. Dont go buy it at a alarm shop or you will spend about $800 for the alarm and the install... I got my Viper 5704 which is this years newest alarm..... I got it off Amazon for$186 shipped and then paid $300 for the install which included the $100 factory by pass module. Then you can go and add on like a glass break sensor, digital tilt sensor etc. Each additional sensor you buy to add on cost $30 to install. Go to amazon and look up DEI tilt sensor and glass break sensor. Each one is like $15 or so. Alot cheaper there than anywhere else.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)