Per Diem Pay

2006IntimidatorSS

Does anyone know about Per Diem Pay? Anyone...I have been trying to find out info about it because I really need to know about it and how it works? Need to know what do I get to do come tax time and what can I get and all that? If anyone knows about this, please share

Per diem for me is the allowance my company gives per meal to eat while out of town. I get $8 for breakfast, $12 lunch and $25 dinner. I only get it while staying out of town, so there's nothing I can do as far as taxes. Plus they don't actually give me the money, I just use the company credit card.

Per diem for me is the allowance my company gives per meal to eat while out of town. I get $8 for breakfast, $12 lunch and $25 dinner. I only get it while staying out of town, so there's nothing I can do as far as taxes. Plus they don't actually give me the money, I just use the company credit card.

X2

Well I'm on per diem pay with my company. And since I am a over the road truck driver, I do a lot of traveling and driving. Truckers get like $58 a day for meals. Thing is do I get to use those as write offs when I do my taxes? And as far as tools, supplies, laundry, gas driving to and from my truck which would be work, showers, and all that stuff write offs? I really need to know everything about per diem before taxes come so I know what I need to do and what kind of write offs I get.