adding a Turbo to my Radix????

It's a cool idea and if you have the time and money and patientce to do it then by all means. The main issue I thought about is you are going to take a turbo (which has high egt's ) and have it force feed hot air into an already known heat sync sitting on top of the engine. Then to factor in all of the additional plumbing needed for the turbo and back to the intercooler . I am assuming that I will have to be a Mid mount setup as well. IMO i would go one way or the other, but if you're set on it i would think about doing a D1 or F1 supercharger and lose the heat sync............ just my .02

I want to do this soooo bad!

I actually have EVERYTHING to hook it up....

it's just that I'm so worried about my tranny!

as far as I know...

the guy before me has had 3 different tranny's in it now... its got a way low RPM torque converter, shift kit, vette servo, and a bigger cooler

KB-

IMO the difficult part will not be the hard part installation. I think you will run into issues with getting it tuned. Another issues is pure volume, the blower can only pass so much air, now imagine with a turbo you have double the air that you want to flow thru a blower that is already out of breath with a 6.0L...The radix is great, the TVS blowers are great...BUT when you start pushing stuff and trying to track down issues in a tune you dont want to have double the parts to troubleshoot. Now if you know your goals (HP, ET, how much you drive the truck) then you can plan it out and concentrate on meething those goals.

Another out of the box idea would be dual 112's...but I understand the lure of turbocharging :)

I agree with DetJoe

I know from reading into the other guys who have tried the biggest issue on the engineering side is getting the turbo sizing just right so you can control the boost beyond depending on the waste gate if it comes in to soon it will overpower the blower and also make the inter cooler useless because it will outflow it. Compounding is definitely fun I love the idea but it's the engineering and the tuning that goes into it that will break the bank I would be willing to bet I could build the whole setup at 1/3 the cost of what the labor and time is going to be to get the math right and get the tuning knocked in where it's 100% dependable and predictable. Just out of curiosity . have you ever thought of just going straight turbo or going up on the blower versus the compounding?? I know that you probably have but just wondering if you have looked at the cost vs power vs ability to enjoy it.

Your 6.0 could probably handle 15lbs. Of boost. With that being said you would need to take some steps to do that. Like pulling the motor and changing the factory ring gap. Which is why most of these engine fail under 10lbs after many WOTand bad tunes. But it's not worth that amount of work to put stock internals back in. IMO as far as tranny is concerned I'm running a level 4 FLT and my whipple charged 408 will be too much for it. May need that 80 swap for sure.