center caps HELP!!

BLNAWAY

so i need your guys help with my wheels i reacently had my stock 20s powder coated but they wernt able to do the center cap cuz their plastic and would melt in the oven so now i got black wheel and sliver center caps

what do you guys reccommend i do or how to paint em

the only idea that came to my mind was leave the center caps off paint the hub black and get red lug nuts kinda like thattallcandian's truck

I can paint them. I have paint that is designed to stick to all materials including poly and hdpe. So it'll be perfect on center caps. Out i could dip them even if yea wanted.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

you can make it the same finnish look as p/c

Haha I've been recognized! ... I'm actually planning on running caps again probably, too many SS's out here copying me now, it's depressing. I'm planning on just using some krylon gloss black paint on it.

are yours powder coated rim? Thats what my painter told me to do he didn't wana do n charge for it cuz its only four dollar can and really no preping required

Btw i would perfer to have the caps on you're way is the best lookn way if you dont have caps imo

If your not going to use or paint the center caps let me know I will be interested on buying them.

But you can get them professionally painted and I done some SSS wheels that I sold to "SSilverbeast" I powdercoated the wheels and painted the center caps and matched pretty good.

This is offered for PC'ing non-metallic objects. http://www.powderbuythepound.com/LIQUID_2_POWDER_-1_PINT/

I have not used this but have heard mixed reviews on it. Basically it is painted on with a airbrush or a HVLP gun with a 2.4 or larger tip mixed 50/50 with the powder used for the wheels, let set to fully air cure, then bake as normal at a range between 300*-450*. Some powders are available in a low temp powder that should be low enough to do the center caps.

IMO I would paint match the center caps to the wheels and be done with it. Mine are painted and turned out great. There are tons of paints and ways to paint plastic parts and make them last. Half of most cars now are plastic.

If you use the same paint color as the powder coat you will never be able to tell. My wife has Gunmetal Powder coated wheels on her TBSS and the center caps were painted the same color by a bodyshop. You can not tell a difference. With the silver center caps the best way is to soda blast the silver finish off of them, so the paint will stick to it.

are yours powder coated rim? Thats what my painter told me to do he didn't wana do n charge for it cuz its only four dollar can and really no preping required

Btw i would perfer to have the caps on you're way is the best lookn way if you dont have caps imo

Nope my wheels are actually spray painted, if you take your time and prep them properly you can get a really good finish on them.