Courtsey/permiter lights ?

arod6692

So had anybody figured out how to make the courtesy lights work after you've done the delete autolight mod. I understand there suppose to come on when you hit the unlock button at night. but if it detecting it daylight all the time i guess that why they don't work. Just didn't know if anybody has found a solution to this problem thanks.

If the auto light function is not in use the perimeter lights will not work as it is part of the wiring and BCM of the truck. Unless you go around the auto light function and bypass it, that would be the only way to have the perimeter lights work. That would require soldering, going thru the wire bundles and over riding it.

I took the plug off the sensor and put two resistors in. It was easy and works great but you wont have the courtesy lights under the mirrors anymore and yah i figured it would take some extra wiring just didnt know if anybody did it. Just thought it was worth a shot to see if anybody has actually done it but i dont think its really worth a bunch of pain in the ass wiring. thanks anyways