How Old Is your Battery

shopman1

Mine lasted 6 years and it didn't actually die. Everytime I would go and crank my truck in the morning it would start right up but all my radio and stuff would be reset. Like it was dying in the night. Replaced with an optima red top to match the color scheme.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

I had an original Delco battery that I removed from another 2003 Silverado I had and it lasted up until about a month ago, I used it for a number of years in my 1969 C10. Worked good up until a couple months ago it started getting weak and now nothing will revive it. My SS had a replacement battery when I bought it so who knows what happened to the original.

I replaced my original Delco from 2003 just last year, just as a preventitive measure, so I am not sure how long it would have really lasted if I wanted to risk it. Constant garage time, but no battery tender. Now I have tenders on every vehicle when they are not being driven. We'll see if it pays off, but an 8-9 year old battery is nothing to complain about anyway.