Front diff leaking issues

So I replaced my front differential seal where the drive shaft yoke goes it. Checked for scratches and nicks found none! Drained the fluid and added new. Took a test drive everything was fine I get home and I look under the truck and its still leaking! Wtf? Has anyone had this issue before? If so what's the solution? Thanks

that seal is called the front pinion seal. if it isnt put in correctly or with the proper seal installer, it has the possibilty of still leaking. what helps alot though is putting silicon on the splines of the yoke and making sure you have the right bearing preload. hopes this helps buddy. good luck

and im not sure of the gm part number of that installer, but if you look you could probably find it

• 1 month later...

I had been having a similar issue my front diff was leaking i assumed by where it appeared to.be leaking it was the pinion seal. So thats what i bought. Got it all apart and my seal was perfect! It was leaking from the plastic block off plate that the vent hose attaches to. I tightened that up put 75 90 royal purple max gear oil in it and been quieter and smoother then ever and no more leak