should i tint my tails and 3rd

should i paint my tails and 3rd brake light?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. should i paint my tails and 3rd brake light? 2006 black SS

• yes tint both
    • dont tint either
    • just tint the tail lights
    • just tint the 3rd brake light

im debating whether or not to tint my tail lights and 3rd brake light. help me make the right choice. Plans are an ISS spoiler and possibly a bser pan and hidden hitch if i find a deal. signature pic should pretty much explain how my truck looks...

He did mine as well. Does an incredible job. Only thing I will mention is if you tent the entire lens, your backup lights are worthless with stock bulbs. I have mine totally smoked, and 5% tint on my windows, and there is no visibility at night. I roll my windows down to back up, but there is very little light out of the tails. I say go for it, just keep this in mind. Love mine and I would definitely send the to Danny.

Edited by MARTYW (see edit history)

Here is a pic of mine. I had my Colorado tails pretty dark and then a couple coats over the reverse lights. on the SS I did 3 coats of nightshade on the tails and 1 over the reverse lights and then about 10 coats of clear, wet sanding between most of the clear coats.

IMG_2193Large_zps2a37d223.jpg

IMG_1998Large_zps0dc1d294.jpg

I feel like the slight tint on the reverse lights ties in with the silver SS badges and wheels. I wasn't sure about them at first but i'm glad i did them this way. Either way i don't think you can go wrong.

He did mine as well. Does an incredible job. Only thing I will mention is if you tent the entire lens, your backup lights are worthless with stock bulbs. I have mine totally smoked, and 5% tint on my windows, and there is no visibility at night. I roll my windows down to back up, but there is very little light out of the tails. I say go for it, just keep this in mind. Love mine and I would definitely send the to Danny.

X2 love the way my truck looks after the tinted tails and 3rd brake light. But backing up in the dark can be sketchy.

Thats why i love that nightshade. You can get a couple different looks by how many coats of it you put on. You can lighty smoke them or totally blacked out.... Either way taillights will always look better tinted. IMO.