Lights flickering after efan install, and pcm tune

SmalltownSS

I just put the newly tuned PCM back in the truck, I have installed factory E-fans and a built transmission as well. I fired the truck up and it seems to run good, but all the interior lights and headlights are flickering seems to go with the RPM of the motor (and this is with the fans off and no other electrical really running). I have done a bit of reading about this, apparently it could be caused by the alternator or the voltage regulator. That being said is there anything anyone can think of that I could have screwed up in the fan install or with the pcm that would cause this instead? It seems kind of odd that this could just be a coincidence that the alternator decided to fail at this exact time.

Stock headlights

stock stereo

Are you using the stock alternator or did you upgrade it? It's highly recommended to upgrade the alternator when you install e-fans on a non e-fan truck. I just woke up so I can't remember the amperage needed, but I do know that I retro-fitted efans into my 04 ss, and upgraded the alternator to a bigger one, and have no flickering issues, even with running two subwoofers.

The 145amp is the upgraded one. It came on trucks past 04 I am pretty sure.

Can also get one off a suburban or something of that nature.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)