Injector size help please.

Blazerdave2000

I'm soon going to install a whipple charger, headers, electric fans and 160 stat. I will be installing the boost a pump control for the fuel pump but need to no what injector size I need to increase to? Anyone have a similar set up? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I would, Its not going to hurt anything. it will actually help your existing fuel pump not work so hard.

A BAP will make a fuel pump work harder. And will likely shorten the life of the pump, however, I have yet to see a fuel pump fail due to the BAP. I wouldn't just run a BAP though, I would at least do a drop in Walbro, or the inline Walbro.

As for injectors, that depends on your HP goals and boost #'s. for >8 I'd do the 8.1l marine injectors, anything more I would bump up to the ford green tops (~52#) or the simmens dekka 60

You got it. I'm buying the whipple used from a good friend of mine. It comes with a 4.25 pulley I called whipple yesterday and they said that should be about 6 to 7 psi. So I should be good with the 42 lb injectors. I think I'm going with the deatschwerks injectors and the walbro pump. Can't wait lol.

If your going to replace the pump i would use the racetronix replacement fuel module. Its a brand new drop in replacement, take out the old and put in the new. This is what i run on my truck. But also remember the stock pump can take more then the forum bandwagon will have you believe, i ran my stock pump up to 504 rwhp and at 7000 rpm before i finally saw it start to drop pressure.

Fuel module, gm SUV, high perf. type 007.

The reason the marine 42 pound injectors were recommended is because they are direct fit with no rail shims or pig tail connectors, and just about every tuner has the correct files for them. When picking injectors its very important to buy injectors that your tuner has the correct info for. There are a lot of tables in the tune that have to be calibrated so the truck knows exactly what that injector is doing. Buying injectors with out proper tuning info....is a crap shoot for your tuner. The green top injectors also have proper info for them, but will require shims, pigtails, and i think different o-rings...i think.