ddm tunning hid kits on sale

built04SS

ok,

here's a good easy way to test a ballast,

do this, if you hear a ZAP ballast is good

if you hear nothing ballast is NO good

this will not hurt the ballast one bit

132937_393125484104611_130946524_o.jpg

Edited by K.Brown Customs (see edit history)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did someone ask how to test That? Seems random to post that..

Anyway to the guy complaining about the bulb exploding, no company will warranty bulbs. It's the ballasts that are warrantied. you can get new bulbs for like 5 to 10 Bucks... What's the big deal?

Did someone ask how to test That? Seems random to post that..

Anyway to the guy complaining about the bulb exploding, no company will warranty bulbs. It's the ballasts that are warrantied. you can get new bulbs for like 5 to 10 Bucks... What's the big deal?

Its not really a big deal. They specifically state that bulbs are covered. I would assume that a bulb that explodes is a faulty piece, and a company as established as ddm would replace a bulb that they pay $3 for to keep a client happy. I bought 6 kits from them at one time, and was ready to buy a few more. I called them and the lady I spoke to even agreed that a bulb that explodes should be covered under warranty. Well a higher up told me to f off lol. I could careless about the $15 for new bulbs. You would think that a company that large would honor warranty on such a part. I'm a contractor and any roof or siding work I do is warrantied for 10 years. If we can choke down replacing siding or a section of a roof which costs 10x that of a bulb. You would think ddm would honor replacing a bulb.

^Agreed. They have no idea how big of an impact it is on the sales of that company. Take your situation for example. Your bulb blows, they don't warranty a $3 bulb, you tell the SSS family ddm sucks... Bam. Hundreds of customers lost.

DDM is a shit company to begin with. I didn't realize the company you were dealing with had bulbs warrantied, seem's weird to me to warranty that.

I thought the same thing also. I was like maybe I'm mistaken. Maybe the warranty is on just the ballasts. Nope, right on their site, bulbs and ballasts warrantied for life. When I put in my warranty claim they sent me a RMA number and told.me to send them the bulbs. If they tested out bad they were gonna send me a new set of bulbs. When I told them the had exploded is when I got the "installer error/physical damage" bs. It would make sense if they blew up a day or week after I installed them that an error might be plausible. Not 2 years after installing them. Its whatever. All my kits will from now on be bought from KB here on our site. I spoke to him for almost an hour. Awesome guy really knows his stuff...

^Agreed. They have no idea how big of an impact it is on the sales of that company. Take your situation for example. Your bulb blows, they don't warranty a $3 bulb, you tell the SSS family ddm sucks... Bam. Hundreds of customers lost.

Couldn't have said it better myself.