Winter advisory in AK

MID12sSSS

Fairbanks had about a foot of snow dumped on us in two days! Luckily the plow trucks have been keeping the roads decently clean. With the 40-50 MPH winds they are calling for, and -35 to -45 degrees this weekend.... Im not gonna get out of bed. I snapped a quick pic. of the SSS. Haha it was nice and clean about 48hrs ago.

photo1.jpg

We are doing some plowing at the dealership and the snowpile has got to be atleast 50 feet high. Its crazy!

Alaska was a great place to visit (in August, by the way), but I would find it difficult to live there. NY / NJ has enough snow for me, and i'm happy when there is none! Hope this isn't a preview of your whole winter (or ours for that matter!).

Yeah. Its nice to go to summit to ride sleds (snowmachines) and snowboard. But we have to wait to march for it to warm up enough to enjoy it. You guys should make it to an Arctic Man atleast once in your life. Its a huge celebration up at summit every year with sled drag races, skiing, beer tents and vendors, LOTS of parties... Its a blast. Maybe you guys have seen the show Alaska State Troopers? Its not really as bad as they portray it to be but some of the footage is pretty hilarious. The riding is incredible. Some of the sleds there are crazy! Last year there was a 500+ hp Nytro 4-stroke Turbo. Was fast as hell. And got to see a backflip for the first time. Pretty nuts.

• 2 weeks later...

We've been in a cold snap for the last few weeks as well. It's supposed to be a little warmer next week though. What kinda sled you ride? I usually go to revy a few times a year, nice riding there. Valemont isn't bad either.

Glad its starting to warm up my truck doesnt have a block heater for some reason and I hate starting it when it starts getting down into the -20's or 30's

Glad its starting to warm up my truck doesnt have a block heater for some reason and I hate starting it when it starts getting down into the -20's or 30's

Haha you just reminded me of this time a few years ago when we were the coldest place in north America. (2009 I think it was) it was -54c and I didn't plug my truck in. I slept in and missed the bus and had to drive to work, I thought, oh well, may as well try it. The damn thing started, I was kicking myself after because I didn't have oil pressure of a few seconds, I was just in shock! It's strange your truck didn't come with a block heater! Maybe when they assembled yours in Oshawa they thought it was going to be a Florida truck :-P

I have Lingenfelter steel braided oil cooler lines, and the fittings at the oil filter housing are pretty big. So unless i can get a shallow heater, or make a custom cord for it, ill have to choose one or the other.