Question for those who have sold, or are thinking about selling their

diggerdan11

2003 SS with 20k miles. Bought new, never used the bed!! Common sense says I have wasted a lot of money, I would probably agree. I almost sold my SS once before, and backed out. I really love driving my SS, but to be honest, it serves a very, very small purpose. If you have the luxury of owning an EXTRA vehicle, keep it. Period. If not, you would probably be better served letting her go. Now if I could just follow my own advice. Haha.

I've debated selling mine at least once a week, I've always wanted to get something much more fun such as an evo X or possibly genesis coupe, I'm just so attached to this damn truck. But the worst of all for me, being the lowest in the city, I would HATE seeing someone else driving it around town, especially if they start making questionable mods to it.

I've debated selling mine at least once a week, I've always wanted to get something much more fun such as an evo X or possibly genesis coupe, I'm just so attached to this damn truck. But the worst of all for me, being the lowest in the city, I would HATE seeing someone else driving it around town, especially if they start making questionable mods to it.

I couldn't sell my locally for that reason, if i saw it i would puke everytime! Im way way way to attached to mine, and now i have another few vehicles so keeping it is an easy choice. Before i had multiple rides and it was my only one at times i wanted to get somin more truck like but i was to attached. Im so glad now that i didnt sell it and kept it, its part of me now and ill probably truly have it forever. As for the "truck" part, when it was my one and only i broke down and had the bed Line-Xed so i could use it and man guys if you just take care in what you are hauling this thing is so perfect still. I mean its super sexy (SS haha) and can still pull or haul most things you need. Im planing on buying a blue boat or jetski just to tow behind this thing haha, what else what look this sweet with a matching water toy behind it. As of now, even with another truck to use, I still take the SS when I go riding... it is by far the coolest looking thing to have a dirt bike and or four wheeler/quad in the back of!!! Dont be afraid to use that pickup bed yal, just take care when doing it and it is so worth it!!!!

I couldn't sell my locally for that reason, if i saw it i would puke everytime! Im way way way to attached to mine, and now i have another few vehicles so keeping it is an easy choice. Before i had multiple rides and it was my only one at times i wanted to get somin more truck like but i was to attached. Im so glad now that i didnt sell it and kept it, its part of me now and ill probably truly have it forever. As for the "truck" part, when it was my one and only i broke down and had the bed Line-Xed so i could use it and man guys if you just take care in what you are hauling this thing is so perfect still. I mean its super sexy (SS haha) and can still pull or haul most things you need. Im planing on buying a blue boat or jetski just to tow behind this thing haha, what else what look this sweet with a matching water toy behind it. As of now, even with another truck to use, I still take the SS when I go riding... it is by far the coolest looking thing to have a dirt bike and or four wheeler/quad in the back of!!! Dont be afraid to use that pickup bed yal, just take care when doing it and it is so worth it!!!!

Absolutely! The problem has never been the truck, it's me. Lol. I understand exactly what you are saying about "attachment" too, so I guess my wife will just have to deal with all this stuff when I'm gone. :D

As a memeber who recenty sold his truck I will chime in.....I had lots of great times and met awesome poeple with the truck so do i miss it in that respect? sure...but honestly i don't regret it..it was time..i just didn't enjoy driving it any more.

Just curious, what did you replace it with? I went today and drove a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, and then a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk w/ the Hemi, and I wouldn't trade my SS even for either one. To be honest, I was kind of suprised. We are talking about a $41k and $$45k vehicle.

Bought my '03 in January of '05.....Did some mods to it and knew that I was going to keep it forever...Then in Oct. '10, we faced a financial hardship here and ended up with the choice of getting rid of our vehicles, or getting rid of the house...Easy choice. I still hate the fact that I had to sell my SS....I've seen it for sale twice since I sold it, both times it had been "re-modded" and looked like crap...It still hurts a little bit to see what was "my baby" in somebody elses hands, but the fact remains that I did what I had to do..............I'll own another one someday.

i had this debate 3 years ago i found a crazy deal on a STS-V and i was really on the fence. i almost had the truck sold but i backed out. after some thinking i realized i couldn't handle seeing it somewhere all dirty and beat or being driven by some punk so i just kept it... and put thousands more into it lol

Honestly i was 100% ready to sell mine but keep getting 15-16K offers, i know its worth more than that and if i got a decent offer i would not flintch to sell....but looks like ill be keeping it. Later on i know i can get me another SS if i want another.