Intakes!

arod6692

Hey guys i need a little help getting all the info for these intakes. I want to either get a newer 07 + intake or a tbss intake. is one better than the other and whats parts interchange and what not. Also part numbers for the intakes so i get the rite stuff. thanks

unfortunately I've never been able to dyno test the difference in going from a 78mm stock truck intake to a 90mm tbss intake(only stock to a victor jr), but my opinion is, put your money else where. There are a lot of better areas to spend your money on that will produce better results.

I have, however, seen the stock tb and intake support 425 to the wheels on my truck and a 12.8 pass NA, and i have seen the stock intake/tb support 465 to the wheels on my buddies truck and a 13.2 NA pass. Will you see results by changing, sure, but buy the better stuff, until the intake becomes the restriction or the next best bang for the buck on your list.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

TBSS is a cathedral port intake, the only 90mm other than the LS2 that will fit our heads.

As far as Boost and Intakes goes, Boost creates a positive pressure in the intake track therefore intake design is not as crucial since you are not dependent on the atmosphere to push air into each cylinder.