Wideband Installation questions

powell

Looking for more info on which wideband to install.

Right now i just recieved my ARH longtubes and i was thinking i would weld in a bung before the drivers side cat for a wideband installation. Ultimately i just want to be able to log my AFR with EFI Live and do not want to install a gauge on the inside of my truck.

I have read that some have just put the wideband in place of the drivers side pre cat o2 sensor. How do i get EFI Live to log this? is it plug and play with the stock wires?

I also read that some are using the AC plug to allow for EFI logging of AFR?

Please correct and clarify on anything stated above.

For my purposes which wibeband should i purchase?

Thanks again guys,

Chris

Blown 346 he is talking about doing a Wideband O2 sensor, not just adding a fancy gauge to the stock narrow band O2 sensor.

powell, you can either install the wideband in place of a stock narrow band, most high end wideband sensors come with a wire to simulate narrow band operation and will continue to work with the stock PCM, the second output will be used to feed data signal to the EFILive V2 using one of the orange connectors. Another method is to use the serial input of EFILive to monitor the data from the WBO2 in its purest form with less 'noise'. This method requires a few more parts but defiantly worth it when tuning. EFIlive has a good tutorial on how to do this in the software