Factory oil cooler.

I have actually installed an auxillary oil cooler in 2 SSS's over the years. Both trucks were seeing oil temps over 240 degrees. If you tow heavy loads, run high speeds for extended periods, road race the truck, have piston oilers installed, or have a turbo you may consider it. One of the trucks I installed one on had a turbo on it and was seeing high oil temps and the other was an N/A motor that was well modified and anytime he hooked a trailer to it his oil temps were always high. Both trucks I installed the B&M oil cooler, but did not use the lines from the kit. I used hoses from the kit to get my measurements made and had high pressure braided oil cooler hoses made from a hose shop with the industrial crimped ends. Both trucks I retained the radiator oil cooler and added in the auxillary oil cooler in the same fashion that GM does on their heavy duty models as well as the 7.4L trucks used to get. If you have a boosted truck, tow very heavy, or have a very stiff valvetrain it is worth adding an oil temp sender to monitor oil temps. High oil temps can create sludge build up, cause valve spring failure, oil pump failure, turbo failure if you have one, etc. Oil temps can be a big problem without knowing since they aren't monitored on the SSS trucks stock unlike the Corvette's which weigh 2000lbs less.

If you went really nuts and say ran a dry sump setup you could run a cooler as well. But that's would be like putting a 5 way harness with racing seats in our trucks. Lmao! But not a bad idea to at least mount an oils temp guage to see exactly what temps some of us are running???