Hp Tuners

Sirbutler

Hey guys....I'm interested in tuning my truck and was wondering how hard is the hp tuners program to learn? I'm not going to go extreme at all with truck probably a cam next year or so.....at most a pro charger. I have tuned a car before but it was with Megasquirt.

So is it a fairly easy thing to learn and what all do I need to start?

Thanks

I would contact HPTuners and see if they will give you the free demo version. By doing so you can familiarize yourself to the software and you can even play with it. Another option is EFILilve, they have the full software available for download on their main page. The only thing needed to activate is is the actual device. Best advice would be to hook up with someone who is wiling to help you out, whether its by email, or in person and use the same software they are using. As for ease of use, that depends on you... HPT/EFIL both have many more programmable tables than megasquirt does. HPT is like it but on steroids, EFILive would be the same with a different user interface.